One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.
* Luciano Pavarotti & William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story

October 02, 2011

Soft pumpkin cookies with caramel frosting

If you have a pumpkin recipe that you already love, you will be replacing it with this one. I promise! This is my all time favorite cookie. Hands down!!

Cookie
2 cups sugar
2 cups butter
1 16 oz can of pumpkin
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp allspice or cloves

Cream together sugar and margarine. Mix together rest of the ingredients. Bake at 350*f for 12-15 minutes on a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper. Frost when cooled.

Caramel icing
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
Icing sugar

Bring margarine and brown sugar to a boil. Add rest of ingredients. Let cool then beat in icing sugar until desired consistency. Makes 66 cookies using 1TBSP - 130 calories
Or 3 dozen with an ice cream scoop

1 comment:

kristenita said...

oh my goodness, steph! I don't know whether to thank or curse you. these are so dang good... and they're not even done baking yet. I'm not sure I'll be able to get them frosted before I eat them. WOW.
best.
cookie.
I've.
ever.
tasted.
[period.]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails