One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.
* Luciano Pavarotti & William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story

October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Coconut Bread

This came from my awesome & 1999/2000 "BYU Academy of LDS Dentists Spouses Organization Cookbook" so they are fellow dental wives/DDSs/RDHs who love to cook/eat. The original credit of this recipe goes to Anne Chambers & Lucy Yorgason. I made this last night & I will say this: Wow & thank you, Anne & Lucy! 

This was the only thing I needed to buy - the coconut pudding mix.... And I didn't get a picture of the bread because... um, well I can't get close enough to take a picture without eating the little that remains on my counter.... maybe next time?

Beat Together:
1.5 C oil (I used a combo of coconut & canola oil & I'll use less than 1.5 C next time)
5 eggs

stir in:  
2 C pumpkin puree  (the other 1/2 of the 28oz can that you didn't use making Steph's cookies)

sift together & add:
2 C flour (I used a little bit of white whole wheat & mostly white flour)
2 C sugar (I used more like 1.5-1.75C sugar & will use a little less next time)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg     (does it smell like fall yet?)
1 tsp baking soda

stir in:
2 (3 oz) pkgs coconut pudding/pie filling mix (the kind that you need to cook - I accidentally bought one box instant & one box cook, but it still worked, so don't panic if you buy the wrong stuff)
1 C chopped nuts (optional & I left them out but it would be awesome with walnuts or pecans)

Bake @ 350˚F in 2 greased loaf pans for about 1 hour. Mine took a little longer, the middle was raw for a while - just keep checking it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails