One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.
* Luciano Pavarotti & William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story

September 15, 2010

even better rice krispie treats

OK, ladies. These are seriously amazing. I thought regular rice krispie treats were delicious... well, these changes just kicked them up a few notches. now I have to eat one every time I walk by the pan.

  • 1/2-1 stick butter
  • 4 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (I use Mexican)
  • heaping TB natural peanut butter
  • a few dashes of salt
  • 6-ish? cups Rice Krispies® (I don't measure much!)
Melt butter in a large pan over medium-ish heat. Stir in marshmallows & stir until nice & melty. Add vanilla, PB & salt, stir... Pour over rice krispies & mix until they are totally coated in your sweet, buttery goodness. Smoosh down gently into whatever size pan you like for desired thickness of your Treats (I use a 13x9") lined with parchment paper (or greased). Wait a few minutes for them to cool/set... if you can!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails