here's the quiche I made for rachel's baby shower. I have made this several times and have altered the ingredients based on what I have/feel like etc. you can use cream instead of milk, or more or less butter if you want! or throw in different veggies or meats, or even just do it with eggs and cheese. (this also works with either 3 or 4 whole eggs. or 1/2 C bisquick instead of flour/salt.) listed below is how I made it for the shower. I made DOUBLE this & put one tomato in one and left one without. you know, since tomatoes are one of those foods some people despise!
- 3 eggs & 2 egg whites (or 4 eggs...)
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch baking powder
- 1/4 C melted butter (I used smart-balance)
- minced onion (just threw some in - 1/2 - 1TB?)
- fresh crushed black pepper
- 1 C shredded cheese (I never measure it -just cover bottom of pan)
- 1 roma tomato, seeded & chopped
- salsa - just dump it into the batter!
- chopped veggies
- 6 strips cooked, crumbled bacon