One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.
* Luciano Pavarotti & William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story

June 04, 2007

Banana Cake

From the Kitchen of Jenny Guthrie
We had a taste of this at a Buffalo Ward Enrichment

1 Yellow Cake Mix
1/3 Cup of Oil
½ Tsp. Baking Soda
1 Cup of Buttermilk (instead of Water)
3 Ripe Bananas – Mashed – sometimes I use more if I have them
3 Eggs
Mixer
Pam – Buttered Flavor
9 x 13 Pan

Preheat oven to 325°

1. Mix the above ingredients.
2. Spray bottom of pan with pam.
3. Pour into pan

Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until the cake is done. I test it with toothpicks. Do not over bake. It is better to take out earlier than later.

Recipe For ~ Fabulous Frosting

1 Stick of Butter
1 # Powder Sugar ½ Bag
1 tsp. Vanilla
add 1 scoop of Cool Whip until Fluffy

Mix the above ingredients to taste. I personally like the cake plain without the frosting.

1 comment:

kristenita said...

this one is delicious! you also brought this to FHE at the clark's so many moons ago!
I gave the recipe to my mom and she made it for her book club, but my dad ate most of it & loved it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails